Low Voltage Cabling Technician
Are you looking for a position where you can grow technically and professionally?
Do you like learning new technologies and helping people resolve problems?
We are a rapidly growing telecommunications consulting and management company that is looking for an experienced Low Voltage Cable Technician to add to our elite support team.
As part of the team you will be exposed to a wide variety of cutting edge technologies, in a fast paced and fun environment.
- Physically install Category 3, Category 5, Category 5E, Category 6, Category 6E cables
- Structure Cable Distribution Systems
- Install outlets, pull cables, fire stopping and pre-termination
- Organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards
- Terminate, assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables
- Maintain and reference industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and Low Voltage Code
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and balance video equipment
- Install entrance facility grounding infrastructure and perform grounding tests.
- Ability to work safely and productively.
- Diagnose problems with telephone systems.
- Ability to oversee installations of internet and telephone service, including identifying key access points, installing equipment and cabling, and testing systems.
Minimum 3-5 years
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare and dental benefits
If you think you are ready for the opportunities that we can offer, you may be the person we are seeking to fill these positions. Qualified applicants interested in employment with us should e-mail your resume to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position in which you are interested.